When I tried to log on to my Windows 7, I received the following error message: «The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded». With another user account, I can log in without any issues. This error can occur if your Windows have the wrong user profile settings.
I fixed my user account profile with these following steps:
- Log in to the system with user account with administrator permissions;
- Start regedit, locate the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
- Locate the folder that begins with S-1-5 (SID key) followed by a long number. Click each S-1-5 folder, locate the ProfileImagePath entry in the details pane, and then double-click to make sure that this is the user account profile that has the error. In my case one folder ended with .bak, another folder with the same long numbers, but without .bak contains wrong path in ProfileImagePath entry.
- Rename (example, ID.bak -> ID.old) or delete the folder with wrong ProfileImagePath entry;
- Rename folder ID.bak to ID;
- In the details pane of folder with ID name (without .bak) change the value of RefCount to 0;
- Close Registry Editor and restart the computer;
- Log on again with your account.
Attention: If you cannot rename or delete the key in Registry Editor, check permissions for this key.
This post in Russian: https://www.pokatashkin.com/it/microsoft/1817
Пожалуйста, оцените статью: